- 4 strips uncooked bacon, cut into small pieces
- 1 each green, red, and yellow bell pepper, cut into strips to stir fry
- 1 c. strongly brewed Equal Exchange Organic French Roast coffee
- ¾ c. thick barbeque sauce
- 1/3 c. firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 16 oz. can chili beans in mild sauce
- 15.5 oz. can dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 15.5 oz. can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 15.5 oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
Heat oven to 375°. Cook bacon in skillet until almost crisp. Drain all but 1 tsp. bacon drippings and add peppers, sautéing until just cooked.
Mix brewed coffee, barbeque sauce, brown sugar, and soy sauce in a large bowl. Stir in beans and bacon mixture. Spoon into a 3-quart shallow casserole dish coated with nonstick spray. Cover and bake 30 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Submitted by: Liz Potter